Monday 21 November 2011

November Glossybox

Oooh what a controversy! Lots of folks out there not happy with their boxes this month. I'm really into my skincare at the moment though, and the premis behind this months box, I think, is quite fitting.

So, it's called 'The Christmas Gift-Guide: Part 1' featuring 5 products from new brands, and new products from brands that have previously featured in Glossybox, all centred around helping to know exactly what to put on your wish list this Christmas.

Ok, enough of the waffle. Lets see what's inside.


Product List


1. Arbonne FC5 Cooling Foot Cerme.





This was the first thing I tried out of the box. It says it's a moisturising, non greasy foot creme that hydrates rough, dry skin and soothes, cools and comforts tired feet.

I'm not so sure it does ALL of that, it's definitely slightly greasy but it feels quite tingly and smell very herbal; birch leaf, clover blossom, watercress and avocado oil and shea butter all feature in there, too. It's a perfect little addition to anyone's winter skincare routine.

2. Dead Sea Spa MAGIK Bath Salts




I'm a big lover of Dead Sea Spa MAGIK, their foot range and sugar scrub is pretty fantastic. This bath salt is unscented, 100% natural and alleviates dry and flaky skin, helps maintain moisture and improves and softens the skin. Again, great for this time of year.

3. MONU Skin Perfector




A weightless cream which instantly smoothes imperfections and enhances radiance as it glides onto the skin. Sounded too good to be true so I tried it out.

It's a hybrid between a cream and a gel and smells very spa-ish. It does glide on,  absorbs pretty quickly and leaves the skin very smooth. As for line smoothing.. I don't know; I'm only 25. Although I get the distinct feeling this product is aimed at a more mature woman, I'll definitely be using it up.


4. Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps

This will be my first experience of nail wraps. I've heard good things about them so I'm excited to try them. I tried nail foils back when I was a young teen which was a unanamous fail but theses wraps seem more user friendly.


The design I got is called 'black lace on red'. Not sure if this pattern would be my number one choice but I haven't seen what other designs were sent out in other Glossyboxes.

5. Serge Lutens; L'Eau Serge Lutens & Vitriol d'Oeillet.


The perfumes in all Glossybox's get a rough deal, this month is no exception. A lot of you ladies are frustrated that you can get perfume samples for free, which is true, so we'll see if GB react to this in the coming months.

Interestingly, both of these scents are unisex which is a nice change. They're both very strong and 'fresh' scents.

If you're a sweet and floral kind of girl these aren't the ones for you. They edge on the masculin side, which I quite like, and last for ages. I've been wearing Vitriol d'Oeillet all day and it's still going strong.

The full size of these are very pricey; 100ml/£86.00 & 50ml/£78.00.

So, what are your thoughts? Will any of these make it onto your Christmas list?

No comments:

Post a Comment